Powered By Blogger

4/24/2010

Chicken Soup

I Hope

I hope you surf the waves from the ocean,
big and small.
I hope you watch the sunset,
from a mountain straight and tall.

I hope you sing a song to all the angels,
loud and clear.
I hope you always try new things,
never giving in to fear.

I hope you fall in love,
with one who makes your world go 'round.
I hope that if you fall out,
your feet stay on the ground.

I hope that you can understand,
that true love waits for you.
That you may have to wait awhile,
but when it comes it will be true.

I hope you feel the sand,
hot on your toes on summer's day.
I hope you learn that sandals,
help to keep the pain away.


I hope you find a rainbow,
and realize it was worth the rain.
I hope that through your journey,
you'll learn to balance smiles with pain.

I hope that you will realize,
life isn't always on your side.
I hope you know when hope is lost,
in me you can confide.

I hope that your glowing smile,
brings someone out of gloom.
I hope you taste your life,
with more than just a sponn.

I hope that when you're lost,
you are also one to find.
And I hope that your hand,
never grows too big for mine.

I hope you watch the stars shoot by,
upon a grassy hill.
I hope you know I love you,
always have and always will.

- Laura O'Neil

1 comment: