Powered By Blogger

4/23/2010

No more kids stuff

25 years of doing nothing. rad!

I never thought about what it would feel like to be 25 years old. Years ago I would have imagined being 25 to be completely different from what it is today. At 25 I would be married, sporting a fancy car, living in a first class village and working a high paying job.

Surprise! I don't live in a village and I am certainly not married. As far as jobs go, yes I am a nurse, a jobless nurse.  Blame it on global crisis.

When we were younger, I think it's natural to dream of life as an adult as a perfect life. I see myself being rich, living in the house of my dreams, and driving around in a car that I knew I was going to get as soon as I graduate college. Despite the fact that my ideas of 25 have not come to be my reality, I also realize that at 25 I am blessed to be here and experiencing the now as a healthy human being.

Today I turn 25. In the past when anybody I knew turned 25, I would laugh at them simply because they were now a quarter of century in age. This is ridiculous, because in my mind I still feel like a kid yet I have this association that 25 means no more kids stuff. Well, as the saying goes.. "It takes a long time to become young" whatever the hell that means..

The problem with getting older is that I get a bit more anxious when I find myself not accomplishing my goals in life. I am trying to list the major events that have happened in my life in the last 25 years and these is what I had:

3  =  Inom gatas w/ chupon
4 =   Inom gatas w/out chupon
6  = (day 1) kinder 1
6  = (a day after) kinder 2 na
11 = First crush
12 = Fist fight
13 = Became a class officer (president)
16 = Graduated High School
17 = Accepted into La Salle, U.P., Ateneo de Manila but chose to be in Davao Doctors College.
18 = Got a flat 1 grade in P.E. (highest grade ever)
19 = Inom alak
20 = Pa cute2x
21 = Graduated college
21 = Became a Registered Nurse
23 = O.R. Nurse
24 = Psyche Nurse
25 = Nothing.

Things I have yet to accomplish that I know most of the people my age have already:

  • fiancĂ© or wife
  • fancy car
  • house
  • stable job
  • an iphone
  • oakley shades
  • extra phone with Sun Cellular sim
So today I will celebrate and tomorrow will become just another day to achieve world dominance.
**blows candles**
 

No comments:

Post a Comment